- Summary of importing your compensation employee data. Compensation employee data is imported by uploading it in CSV format as part of the user import spreadsheet. Your SuccessFactors Consultant will provide the correct data file format and data file requirements. To make corrections, you may want to export the data, adjust, and re-import.
- How to import, update, delete compensation employee data?
Managing User Data
- As an administrator, you can navigate to the import/export user data screens in two ways.
- From the main Admin Tools screen under the Manage Employees section. Click on Employee Import or Employee Export.
- From the Compensation Admin 2.0 Home page. Navigate to the Actions for all plans screen.
Both methods bring you to the same screen.
- Compensation data is imported by uploading it in CSV format as part of the user import spreadsheet. Your SuccessFactors Consultant will provide the correct data file format and data file requirements. To make corrections, you may want to export the data, adjust, and re-import.
- In Actions for all Plans, under Import/Export Data, go to All Plans dropdown and select Employee Data Import.
- Once on the Employee Import screen, follow these steps to import your employee data file. Numbered items are explained in more detail below.
- Select Browse; choose the CSV file to import; then select Validate Import File. If no errors, select Browse, and choose the file again.
Note: The Validate Import File option will check for missing values in required fields and validate the MANAGER and HR fields contain valid, active users. If your company plans to import two separate data files (one for core user data and another for compensation data), your consultant may have disabled this validation on import. Disabling the validation on import will allow you to load a simplified file with compensation data only. In this situation, you may see errors such as ‘Missing value in Email field’ when running Validate Import File, but not when actually importing your file. Please discuss your set-up with your consultant
- Depending on your process, you should check all or some of the following boxes in the Specify Form routing options.
- Do Not Transfer Documents
- OR -
Automatic insertion of new manager as next document recipient if not already.
Note: Checking this option will change the route of already-created compensation forms to include the new second-level manager. This could ADD a new step to the route map if the new manager is not already included in the next step of the route map.
- Automatic Inbox document transfer to new manager.
- Automatic En Route document transfer to new manager.
- Automatic Completed document transfer to new manager.
**Important Point to remember about the form routing options:
Automatic Manager Transfer – The compensation module is different than other SuccessFactors modules. The “Manager” in the case of automatic manager transfer is the manager of the compensation planner. In order to transfer employees between launched forms, you will need to select Update Compensation Forms.
- Update Compensation Forms
Warning! Never use this feature without understanding the impacts. There is no undo button. This will trigger an update to ALL fields that are reloadable with whatever data now exists in your system.
- More information available at: Compensation: Manage Data - Update Compensation Forms and Update Compensation Forms for Template .
Once you select Update Compensation forms, additional options are presented:
- As a form moves through a cycle from generation to completion, it is important to understand how and when the form data can be impacted beyond direct form input by a user. Please refer to the following solution that discusses the impact on live worksheets: Compensation: Admin 101 - Understanding How Data Changes Impact Comp Cycles.
In Actions for all Plans, under Import/Export Data, go to All Plans dropdown and select Employee Data Export.
- Once on the Employee Data Export screen, follow these steps to export employee data:
- Confirm the CSV format is selected.
- Check the Include User Compensation Data checkbox. To include all relevant compensation data in the file including eligibility information, select both checkboxes as shown in the screenshot above. Make sure to select the form template name. You can select more than one template at a time by holding the CTRL key while clicking template names.
- Click Export User File. You are prompted to either run or save a zipped version of the CSV file.
KBA , sf compensation manage data , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , How To