- This article explains how it is possible to have a decentralized administrative setup so comp admins are restricted to specific subsets of employees as defined by the super admin.
- Can the population that a comp admin can access be restricted, edited and otherwise managed to specific target populations?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Compensation
- Customers with local HR Teams may choose to manage elements of their Comp & Variable Pay plan template setup locally.
- An Admin with Super Admin permission can oversee all setup activities. Elements for de-centralized admin:
- Comp & Varpay Guidelines
- Varpay Bonus Plans
- Varpay Business Goals
- Varpay Business Goal Weights
- The Benefit:
- Each local admin team can manage any element defined for them for their region, but is restricted from viewing or managing this for people in other regions.
- How to Get It
- Please open a case with support who can enable this.
- This does not require a CCOR
- There is no cost if compensation is already enabled
- This does require you have the latest Compensation Admin 2.0 already enabled (also a free update which can be enabled from the Upgrade Center)
- How to Use It - Example Using Guidelines
- Go to Admin Tools > Actions for all plans > Import/Export Data > Manage Dynamic Groups
- From here manage: Manage Field Permission Groups and Manage Administrator Groups
- Admin with Super Admin RBP role creates dynamic administrator groups
- Create a new group to define who will belong to this group, the elements they will be able to manage, and the target audience this applies to.
- Local Admin creates guidelines for their region
- Super Admin has CRUD role for all local admin guideline values
Partners & Support
- Provisioning access; RBP or Admin Domain privileges must be granted
- You can enable this from Provisioning > Company Settings > Enable Decentralized Administration
SF, Success Factors, Administrator , KBA , sf comp admin , decentralized admin , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , How To