- SAP Jam.
Watch a handy instructional video!
- SuccessFactors Jam offers many opportunities for collaborative learning, the most versatile of which is video capture. Whether capturing a set of simple instructions, or recording a presentation, SuccessFactors Jam makes it easy to effectively share your ideas and information.
There are two ways to record: screen capture and webcam recording, both of which require Java to be installed and up to date.
- Both screen capture and webcam recording are accessed by clicking on the record button from any status update box, which can be found on your home or profile pages, or any group wall.
- Screen capture allows you to record anything that’s on your screen. This can be extremely useful for anything from showing a quick set of instructions to documenting a complex process.
- To record a screen capture, click the record button, add a title and description for your video, select screen capture, then launch recorder.
- You are now ready to record, but not yet recording. You have the option to change the size of your capture window, as well as select an audio input, if you have more than one. As soon as you’re happy with the settings, and on the screen you wish to capture, click the red record button.
- The bottom left corner of the record screen will show that you are in record mode, as well as count the duration of you recording. You can pause your recording to make smooth transitions when moving from screen to screen. Click the stop button to end your recording.
- A preview of what you just recorded will launch, and you have the option to record again, or if you’re happy with your recording, click done.
- Go back to the Jam page that you launched the recording from. If you launched the video from your home or profile wall, you’ll have the option to share your video with a group. Otherwise, it will post to your feed and be viewable by your followers, and searchable in the company archive.
- A recording launched from a group will post to that group’s wall.
- The webcam recorder launches from the same place, and works in almost the exact same way, but instead of capturing your screen, you’re recording whatever is in the webcam’s view.
- After clicking record and entering a title and description, select webcam and launch recorder. Depending on your security settings, you will probably need to allow Java to access your webcam. You can select “Remember” to prevent having to allow access each time.
- As with screen capture, you are now ready to record, and can see the camera view, but you won’t begin until you hit record. This allows you to line up your shot before recording. If you have more than one web cam, you also have the ability to select which webcam to record on.
- When you finish your recording, click the play button on the screen to preview. Once you’re satisfied with your recording, share with your followers or a group.
KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions