Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Jam
There are two ways to begin a discussion. The first is via Group Feeds and second is via Forum section.
A. Begin Discussion via Group Feed
1. Go to Groups and Select Feed Updates on the drop down selection.
2. Click on Add discussion button as shown in below screen shot.
3. Where it says "What would you like to discuss?" enter your discussion text. Use the area below the text formatting toolbar to provide more details, examples, etc. if necessary.
4. Use the text formatting toolbar to format the text indentation, etc. of your text if necessary.
5. Below the text box, if available, select which forum topic you want to add the discussion to
6. Click Share.
B. Begin Discussion via Group Forum.
1. Go to the navigation menu for your Group pages and click Forums
2. Click + Forum Topic or edit existing Forum Topics if available
3. Click the topic name and then click + Add Discussion (for Discussion only forum types) or click Add and then select Discussion from the drop-down menu.
4. Where it says "What would you like to discuss?" enter your discussion text. Use the area below the formatting toolbar to provide more details, examples, etc. if necessary.
5. Click Publish if you are ready to show your discussion. It is now visible in the group feed and on your own wall.
6. If you are not ready to show your discussion but want to save what you've written so far, click Save Draft. You can return to your saved draft via the Forums section when you are ready to continue.
Note: You may add a Link, Image to a existing Discussion.
Adding a Link
1. Click the Link Icon in the Formatting tool bar as shown below
2. Type in the Text which will be the label of link that will appear on the UI and on the field URL.
On the Link Field, you can select the following options in the dropdown menu
A. All - Will allow you to search for People, Groups, document and more. . .
B. Content - Will allow you to search for existing content within the group
C. New Document - Will allow you to browse your local PC to upload a document
D. Forums - Will allow you to search for existing Forum Topic
E. Groups - Will allow you to search for Groups within SAP Jam
F. URL - Will allow you to add any URL as show in below screen shot
G. People - Will allow you to search for People in SAP Jam
Adding an Image
1. Click the Image icon in the Formatting tool bar as shown below
2. You can select the following options when adding an Image
A. Upload from Computer - Will allow you to choose Image from your local PC
B. Choose Existing Content - Will allow you to select existing content from the Group
C. Insert from URL - Will allow you to put a URL which contain the File hosted image.
Discussion, group feed, form section, image, link , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , How To