There will be times you may want to confirm an email has been sent. Such as, a new hire has told you they have not gotten the welcome email. Please review the following tips on the Mail Queue to help you find out:
- If an emails have been sent.
- When an email was sent.
- To whom an email was sent.
- Who was CC’ed.
- What the email said.
- Below is a screen shot of the Mail Queue: To navigate to this queue from the main dashboard, click Account Settings --> Mail Queue. The Mail Queue will present.
- The time zone defaults to the server (UTC+-7) which is West coast time. Depending on the time of year it would be PST or PDT. You may change it to the local (UTC-4). This will be your local time. In this case, it is EST. Remember, the system generally runs on the PST/PDT time.
- You may sort the work queue by order and ascending/descending.
- You may search by Message ID number.
- You may search by the Subject line of the email.
- You may search by Attributes. You may use the drop down list to choose how you would like to search.
- In this example, we have used first and last name. Note: all the emails in the queue are associated with this new hire. You will see the name of the notification, the ‘To’ and the ‘CC’. There is also, a status and a date and time column.
- If you would like to review the email that was sent, you may double click on the line of the notification. Or you may click the ‘view’ icon. A dialog box will present. It opens on the Main Properties tab.
- You may review the recipient via the Recipient tab.
- You may review what the email said. Note: there is a link (Onboarding) in the email but it is not a live link when it is in the mail queue.
- You may see how many attachments were sent with the email. In this case, no attachments were sent.
- You may use the excel icon to export all the information from the search to an excel spreadsheet.
- You may use the Audit Trail icon to review the audit trail for a particular email.
- You may search the work queue by status. In the example, we have search for failed emails. Note: many of the failed emails do not have a “To” email address. Without an email address in the “To” column, the email will fail; even if there is a “CC” email, the system will not send it.
- The other emails failed as those emails are not real emails. The system tried to send these emails but it could not as there was no one/email to accept them.
KBA , LOD-SF-OBD , Onboarding , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions