- Http watch is a free tool that can be installed as an add-on for Firefox or for Internet Explorer
- Can be freely downloaded here: http://www.httpwatch.com/
- Recruiting Management.
What is it used for?
- When an error occurs in any part of the application, Customer Success often asks you to obtain the server information (see here and here).
- Sometimes this is not possible. Other times, Engineering needs the detail that is obtained from this tool, and so we will ask you to help us gather it using HTTP Watch.
- This session will store important information on the web navigation of the user during the reoccurring of the issue.
How do I use it?
The http watch session must be recorded by the user and the computer (and browser) where the issue is reproducible.
- Download the free basic edition from http://www.httpwatch.com/
- Install the program on the computer where the issue is reproducible. Ask your internal IT if you need permission to download the tool.
- Go in Internet Explorer > Tools > HttpWatch Basic
- A console will appear on the bottom of the browser.
- Go in the place where you can reproduce the issue and before to start the actions to reproduce, click the button Record
- When ready click the button Stop
- Then click the Save button and save the file with extension “hwl”:
- Attach the saved file in ticket for Customer Success.
KBA , sf recruiting error messages , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To