- Recruiting Management.
How to enable this functionality.
- If the functionality “Manage External Password Policy” is not available in admin tools, please contact SAP Success Factors support to enable it in the Background System Provisioning.
How to set up the “Maximum Successive Failed Login Attempts”.
- Admin tools -> Manage External Password Policy ->Maximum Successive Failed Login Attempts.
- Due to security concerns, the system now enforces a limit on the maximum successive failed login attemps. Previously setting this field to 0 meant, this was not enforced. Now it the setting is 0, it is interpreted as 10; meaning if a user tries unsuccessfully to login more than 10 time in one minute, his/her account will be locked. They are given the following message on the login screen: "You have been locked out of your account because of too many failed login attempts. To have your account re-activated use the 'Forgot your password?' link below.". This message is not configurable, and it sufficiently conveys the next steps to unlocking and resetting the password to legitimate users.
Maximum Failed Login Attempts can be set up is 30 times.
- To have this option active for the external candidates, you need to set up the number of Failed Login Attempts
e.g. "3" That means that an External Candidate can set the password three times wrong. If the Candidate has entered the password “three times “his account will locked and he will be not able to login to his Candidate Profile.
How to define the contact Email address for the External Candidate to reset his Candidate Account.
- Admin tools -> Manage External Password Policy -> Password Reset Email.
How to unlock the Candidate Profile:
- Admin tools -> Manage External Password Policy -> Reactivate External Candidate Account.
KBA , sf recruiting troubleshooting , sf passwords , sf candidate , sf recruiting admin tools , sf external candidates , sf recruiting management , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To