SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM) - All versions
Reproducing the Issue
When a BizX user is inactivated, their internal candidate profile is usually inactivated as well, and subject to any data purges rules that are set up.
If customers wish to preserve the internal candidate profile data for use in future recruiting activity, Employee to Candidate De-conversion must be configured.
This causes the Internal Candidate Profile to be switched to an External Candidate Profile and be disassociated from the inactivated Employee Profile.
Please always consider the privacy implications of Employee to Candidate conversion before choosing to implement this feature. At the very least the customer may wish to adjust the language in their Data Privacy Consent Statement to ensure there are no legal concerns of maintaining recruiting data on former employees.
- Configuration Prerequisites and Dependencies:
- Provisioning > Enable Recruiting V2 Application.
- Provisioning > Enable Candidate Profile.
- Active processes in place to handle BizX user management.
- Candidate Profile XML -> configure standard field postConvExtContactEmail text field as read only. This field will store the external candidate email address after conversion, so that it can be later used in deconversion to re-issue the candidate’s login username.
- In order to activate this feature, Support / Professional Services Team engagement is required for the following:
- Inactivate the BizX user account.
- Navigate to Provisioning > Manage Scheduled Jobs > Create New Job - Job Type will be Internal to External Candidate Profile Conversion.
- Admin Center Configuration:
- Set this email up in Admin > E-Mail Notification Templates Settings > Internal To External Candidate Profile Conversion Success Notification.
- This email attempts to send to the contact email address on record. There may be no external email address stored for an internal candidate converted to an external candidate, so the email may not reach the candidate. This may affect how the customer thinks about the data privacy implications of this feature.
- Allow the scheduled job to run.
- Genaral Observations and Prerequisites
- When an internal candidate is converted to an external candidate, the system issues a "primaryEmail" value that becomes the user’s login to the external career site.
- If DRM 2.0 (Data Retention Management) is enabled, the scheduled job must run before the DRM purge job runs to assure the data is not purged before it is converted.
- If field-level auditing is enabled, conversion activity is included in the Candidate Profile audit trail.
- Candidate must have a Inactivate the BizX user account.
- Job will pickup all the inactive Internal Candidates based on the last Job Ran date.
Deconversion, internal to external, profile conversion, postconv, post conversion, conversion, employee to candidate, , KBA , sf candidate profile , sf candidate , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , How To