- Recruiting Management.
- Always test closely in your test environment to ensure that you are comfortable with the configuration.
The fields division/department/location are used throughout the BizX suite.
For the recruiting module, using the 'standard' fields presents a few common issues:
1. The internal values associated with these fields are often HRIS values that you would not want to display to external candidates.
Example, your HRIS location value may include a numerical number, such as 625-Boston. This may not be the location that you would like to display to the job seekers.
2. The items that populate these fields are directly tied to the values associated with active and inactive employees. You cannot remove values from this list, unless you disassociate them from all employees.
3. In the same regard, it is difficult to add new values since a new value must be tied to an employee in the system.
4. There is no option to configure parent/child relationships with these standard fields. Example would be a location such as NYC, and 'child' locations such as Manhattan, etc.
If you choose to replace the standard div/dep/loc fields with custom fields, there are items to consider.
1. Data for these fields does not populate on the requisition homepage.
2. These values are tied to the Recruiting module alone and are not used in other modules.
3. Picklist maintenance.
4. Standard Recruiting reports will not work 'out of the box' and will need to be customized to tie to the custom fields.
5. There is a risk that some integrations may not work because they are built with the assumption that the customer is using the standard fields.
KBA , sf recruiting permissions , sf configuration , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To