How can I report on a custom field?
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
To make a custom field reportable, you need to map them to Custom Reportable Recruiting Fields in Provisioning. When adding a new custom field it needs to be configured in the XML template and mapped to match what is in the template. Then a sync must be done in order for these to be reportable. Hence, when adding new fields in Provisioning they must match what is in the configuration.
The following field must be reportable: <field-definition id="locale" type="picklist" required="true" custom="true">. Then, what needs to be done is:
- The fieldID and the field type in Provisioning must match what is in the XML.
- Map this under the Job Requisition tab in Provisioning in the picklist column, inserting the fieldID. In the case above, 'locale'.
If the type was text in the XML, it would go in the text column in provisioning. Mapping under the wrong type can cause problems with the sync: a field configured as a picklist and mapped in a text field column could cause random reporting and/or sync errors.
- Scroll down and click on Save.
- After saving the new field, you will select 'Synchronize Selected Field Data' tab. You will get a message back in provisioning when it goes through, then, after synchronizing, you will get an email confirming results.
- If you do not get an email back confirming that the sync was successful it may indicate a problem.
- Make sure the custom reportable fields are only mapped once in provisioning – having the same field mapped as a date and also as a text field or picklist field could cause sync problems.
- Mapping with a nonexistent field definition ID, mapping duplicates or mapping in the wrong field type can cause random troubles in adhoc data; and/or break the sync.
Configure Reportable Custom Fields, Custom Reportable Recruiting Fields, Custom Reportable Fields , KBA , sf configuration , sf recruiting reports , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To