- How can I make changes to Candidate Pipeline (Applicant Status Configuration)
- What are the steps to make changes in Applicant Status (Candidate Pipeline)
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SucessFactors Recruiting Management - All versions
- Go to Admin Center
- Edit Applicant Status Configuration (or Provisioning > Applicant Status Configuration)
- Click the name of the appropriate "Status Set" in the "status set name" column (for now that is Sales/Admin for the requisition we are currently perfecting).
- After clicking the status set name , you will be directed to a new screen.
- Notice the internal scrollable area has a list of Status Names. These names are the statuses that you have chosen to make available to that set.
- Scroll to and click the name of any of them and you will see a page that the administrator has the responsibility to maintain.
- Each of the text boxes in the screen print above are to be setup and maintained by the administrator.
- What follows is a description of each item requiring attention:
- Name of Status: Unique name of status, defined in Provisioning. Name of the status cannot be changed while editing the applicant status set. It can be changed in Provisioning in Edit Base, but avoid changes if possible. If you must make changes, proceed with caution. Name of Status is used in following places:
- Ad-hoc Reports
- Requisition XML feature-permission
Please find more information about application status visibility in the following Knowledge Base Article: 2293109
Some of the application status options (Required, Collect comment if this status is skipped, Enable this status for internal / external candidates, Hireable Options, Selectable by, Hide the status from users who don’t have application status Visible To privilege, Hide the applicant count from users who don’t have applicant status Visible To privilege) are not available for system statuses:
- Invite to Apply
- Auto Disqualified
- Withdrawn by Candidate
- Declined DPCS
- Deleted on demand by Admin
- Deleted on demand by Candidate
- Requisition Closed
Hopefully this set of instructions and explanations will make it easier to understand what has to be done, by whom, and why as it relates to applicant statuses.
Once you have updated the first 2 statuses within each set (which are a special status that cannot be turned off/on but only maintained) there are 3 more fields to give administrators even more control of each status.
How to add a status group?
- Go to Admin Center > Edit Applicant Status Configuration and click "Add New Status Group":
- You will have to select the Status Group name and statuses which will be included in the group.
- You can also decide that the applicants have to go through at least one of the statuses from the group before progressing:
How to add a new application status to a status set?
This operation is only available from the back-end of the system, therefore only possible for Implementation Partners or SAP Professional Services.
In order to add a new status go to Provisioning > Applicant Status Configuration > Edit Base and Add New Status:
The New status will be then available to add to any of the status set available for the instance.
How to add a new application status set?
This operation is only available from the back-end of the system, therefore this is only possible for Implementation Partners or SAP Professional Services.
In order to add a new status go to Provisioning > Applicant Status Configuration >Add New:
The newly created Status set will be populated with the system statuses and you can add further statuses from the base to the pipeline.
How to edit a existing status?
This operation is also only available in the back-end, therefore this is only possible for Implementation Partners or SAP Professional Services.
In order to edit a existing status go to Provisioning > Applicant Status Configuration > Edit Base:
This option is going to present you a list of Application Status that you already have and can use to build you status sets.
To edit the status, just click on the name of the status, and will be able to change the basic information of the status. OBS: When you are editing the status, make sure that if you are using API to maintaining the picklist of the applicant status pipeline, check the Article 2571593
Then click save, and the status will be updated for all Status Set you have.
Note:Application status sets are always tied to job requisitions within the XML settings. In the Job Requisition templates, there will be a spot to define what is the status set to be used by all job requisitions using that template. It is highly recommended that this information is no longer changed after it is primarily set, as this may cause several inconsistencies to existing requisitions, by the moment the change is performed.
2571593 - Error when updating candidate status field in Job Application using API - Recruiting Management
2293109 - Controlling applications visibility / applicant count in Recruiting Management
Applicant Status Configuration, Add New Status; Wrong Status Name; Internal Label; Wrong Status Label; , KBA , sf candidate , sf status , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , How To