- Participants form the key element of workflow approval processes within Employee Central. This article describes the different workflow participant types which can be configured and utilized.
- What are the types of participants that can be utilised in Workflow?
- Employee Central
- Workflows are Foundation Objects and are set up and maintained in Admin Tools / Manage Organisation, Pay and Job Structures under Workflows.
- Workflow Approvers – are the key participants in actioning workflow. They can post comments, approve, send back or edit a request. Here multiple steps can be added depending on how many levels of approval are needed - but there is only one approval participants type per step.
Approvers can be set as Role, Dynamic Role or Dynamic Group.
- Under Approvers we also have the Edit Transaction option and this setting assigns edit capability to approvers in workflow configuration. The three options are:-
- No Edit - Approver does not have in-flight edit capability.
- Edit with Route Change - The workflow route is recalculated when the approver makes changes and submits the request.
- Edit without Route Change - The workflow route is not recalculated when the approver makes changes and submits the request.
- Workflow Contributors – are participants who can only view and post comments, and are notified about the change. There can be multiple workflow contributors. This is useful when an associated party may have input into a business approval decision. For example Users such as Compensation Analysts or Relocation Specialists need to participate in workflow without approving. They may be called upon for expert advice.
Workflow Contributors can be Role, Dynamic Role, Dynamic Group or Person.
- CC Role(s) – are participants receives a notification when workflow completes or is declined. This is useful to inform people who need to know approval has been made concerning Employees, such as notifying an I.T person who may need to arrange equipment for a new starter who has joined. Likewise users such as payroll, benefits or security and facilities need to be notified upon approval of workflows.
There can be multiple CC Roles.
CC Role can be set to Role, Dynamic Role, Dynamic Group, Person (these 4 are look up values from within the system) or External Email address (ad hoc manually typed).
KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To