- Employee Central
- The Event Derivation Data Model - rules-datamodel.xml - defines the ability to build triggers for specific data events based on changing field information, to figure out the transaction type and code to be used e.g.
- If employee’s fields of job code and location are both changed, it is considered as a “Transfer” transaction
- If only the job code field is changed, it is considered as a “Job Change” transaction.
- The codes can be seen in Admin Tools / Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures / Event Reason (the Foundation Objects UI = FO UI).
- From a derived event reason code a workflow will be launched - in conjunction with the workflow-rules.xml.
- The Provisioning / Company settings switch "Enable youCalc rules engine for HRIS" controls whether event rules will be used and if the rules-datamodel.xml is shown in Provisioning. This will usually have been set and decided on in the implementation.
- If this tick box is turned off:
- Then the rules data model will not be enabled or used and seen in provisioning
- Then in the UI the user will be forced to select an event code (which have to be set up in the FO UI) when amending information in the Update Employee Record page or when using Add New Employee
- The workflow xml file will reference the selected FO event reason code to launch the right workflow (see the workflow-rules.xml)
- AND/OR - rather than using always using the selected FO event reason code (as per 2 and 2a above) - other workflows can be triggered from field changes, with this Xml being defined in the workflow xml file
- If this tick box is turned on:
- Then the rules data model will be enabled and used and seen in provisioning
- Then the user will not be able select the event reason in the UI
- Foundation Objects event reasons have to be set up in Admin Tools / Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures / Event Reason. And only these codes can be referenced in the rules-datamodel.xml.
- The FO event reason code is derived from the field changes that are occurring, and the rule that matches it in the event rules xml file. Create the codes in FO UI 1st.
- Workflow will then be triggered based on the matched FO event reason code. These codes can be pre-set ones as supplied in the xml file header (see attached) or the Customers can choose them
- Other workflows can be triggered from events based on field conditions and changes, with the xml defined in the workflow xml file (outside of the rules and not from Event codes in the rules-datamodel.xml)
- A catch all event code and rules is often created at the bottom of the rules-datamodel.xml file, to be at the end of the parse order. This is to prevent errors occurring if a change is not met by a rule.
- Please see attached screen shots for complementary information.
youCalc, Wkfl derivation, rules engine, business rules, Rules XML , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions