- This article covers the Maximum Threadpool Size setting in Admin Tools / Company System and Logo Settings.
- What is the setting in Admin Tools / Company System and Logo Settings that relates to Employee Central Import for?
- Employee Central
- The setting ‘Maximum threadpool size’ is used to control that how many parallel threads should execute during the Employee Cental import. It is defaulted to 5 and in most cases should be left untouched unless there are strong reasons (after consultation with engineering) that multiple threads are causing issues and we should process everything sequentially by perhaps changing the value of this setting to 1.
- This setting was earlier available per data center environment not for each individual customer. So this same setting was applicable to all customers on a particular data center and if SF had to modify it, we had to shut down the environment before modifying it. So SF decided to make it company/instance specific and modifiable at runtime.
- It should be modified only by Admininstrators following diagnosis and recommendation from engineering for a specific problem. This will be when during data imports and engineering suspect these parallel threads to be the cause of issue. This setting is used for import troubleshooting and enhancing import execution in a multi-threaded scope. The default is set to 5, which is execution in full potential. Any updates to this configuration should be solely directed by the Engineering. This is to provide ability to change the configuration per instance, be it for debugging or scaling of the imports execution - and the configuration will be effective immediately.
KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions