- This article explains how to enable Rule Execution in Job Info Import
- We have MDF Business Rules configured in the Job Information section of Employee Central, which trigger when we make changes/saves or when we hire new employees via the UI, but the system does not respect these rules on import. What can we do to make these rules action when we import this data?
- Employee Central
- It is possible to enable Business Rules on import. By default, the Business Rules configured for Job Information and its fields won't be triggered during data import. If you want to enable Business Rules execution during import, you will need to navigate to Admin Tools > Company System and Logo Settings > tick the box for “Enable rules execution during Job Information import” and then click “Save Company System Setting” button at the bottom of the page.
- SPECIAL NOTE: In the 1802 release, the switch for Enable rules exection during Job Information and (GA) Termination Import is moved from Company System and Logo Settings to Role-Based Permissions. For more information please refer to article 2615455 - Job Information: Rule and Propagation on Import switches now migrated to Role-Based Permissions from Company System and Logo Settings (1802)
- Please be aware that enabling Business Rules execution during job information import can considerably slow down the import process.
- If a rule is not propagating the values on import, then it is likely due to the following reasons -:
- The fields being propagated by rules have values provided by user in the import file,
- The field has &&NO_OVERWRITE&& set in the import file, so the rule will be ignored and the value from the previously dated record will be used.
- Fields that are propagated by Employee Central legacy propagation framework (based on propagation xml configuration) will not be overwritten by the rules execution.
- In short it means that Business Rules executed on import will only add values to fields if the fields with rules associated are left blank on import.
2615455 - Job Information: Rule and Propagation on Import switches now migrated to Role-Based Permissions from Company System and Logo Settings (1802)
jobInfo, job information, ec, employee central, import, trigger rules, , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Employee Data Imports , How To