- Human Resource Information System (HRIS) synchronization is the exchange of data between Employee Central (EC) and other SuccessFactors modules, such as the User Data File (as seen through Employee Export). It is a background quartz server job that periodically looks for future dated entries that are now current entries and updates the legacy user tables with data from EC. The job itself can be configured to run on a schedule and it is recommended the local Customer Admin monitors this job through daily email notifications.
- Customer Admins may be asked by users why an expected EC initiated data change such as a Manager change or address field is not showing correct in an area of the system, such as PM form or Org Chart. This change may have been future dated at the time it was entered – but it is not evident even though it should now be effective.
- Employee Central
- A possible reason this data is not showing correctly is that the scheduled HRIS Sync job is not running as expected. The local Customer Admin can be pre-warned about any issues by signing-up to receive notifications when the HRIS Sync job runs, usually running scheduled overnight for most customers. By receiving this email the Admin can be ready for any failures, and this can save on investigation and confusion. Administrators can pro-actively also raise a case with SuccessFactors Customer Success to start working on the Sync problem.
- To receive the emails you can open a support ticket to request the emails go to the right Admins at your site. Please provide the exact email addresses. You will receive an email when the job has completed or it has failed. You also have an option to receive an email when the job starts too. This is all useful audit and information for the Admin. For example if you received the email that it started but not yet a complete or failed email, then it is likely the job is still running.
- This is an example of the email sent when the job starts:
- This is the email sent when the job runs successfully:
- This is the email sent when the job fails:
KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions