- This article explains how to manage & modify a Workflow that is in progress
- We have a few Workflow requests that need to have certain approvers reassigned/removed or an extra approver added, and rather than assign Proxy permission or re-raise the request again, is there a way to change the Workflow Approver of different Workflow steps?
- Employee Central
- To make changes to an active/in progress workflow, please log into the system as a user with access to “Admin Tools” and has the “Manage Workflow Requests” permission granted in Role-Based Permissions.
- Navigate to Admin Tools > Employee Files > Manage Workflow Requests, and use the Search button to search for the Workflow in question.
- Then, use the Search button to find the workflow you wish to change approvers to -:
- Once you have identified the workflow that needs modifying, click the drop-down menu arrow to the right of Take Action and a menu will appear with the following options -:
- Lock Down – Will hide the workflow from all participants “Pending Requests” and “ToDo List” pages. Please note a workflow email will be generated to all participants if a workflow is set to “Lock Down”
- Unlock – Only shows if the workflow is Locked Down. Click to Unlock the workflow. Please note a workflow email will be generated to all participants if a workflow is “Unlocked”
- Add Another Approver – Allows you to add more approvers to the workflow
- Change Approvers – Allows you to change the approver and also set the “Edit Transaction” value of the approver step (this is initially defined in the Workflow configuration in Admin Tools > Employee Files > Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures.
- Remove Approvers – Allows you to remove approvers if needed
- Route Request – Allows you to route the workflow to another step
- Decline – Can decline the workflow entirely
KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions