- Public Profile displays the wrong local time for users.
Example: User is on Pacific US time (PST), but their local time is displayed in Eastern US time (EST).
- SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central
- Employee Profile supports synchronizing timezone from Employee Central
*Note: The 3 letter Timezone codes do not adhere to Daylight Savings
Example: The users Location object (San Mateo California) uses "PST (GMT-8:00)" as a Timezone instead of "America/Los Angeles (GMT-8:00)"
To solve this issue:
- Update ALL Location Foundation Objects to use the correct Timezone value such as "America/Los Angeles (GMT-8:00)".
- Ensure the HRIS propagation for timezone is set
- Ensure the HRIS Sync Map is configured
- Update the Employee's Job Info to trigger synchronization of this value to the EP “Timezone” field, so that the correct "Local Time" can be displayed on the Public Profile.
- Ensure there is no onSave rule which is over writing the Time Zone value in Employee Central.
Steps to resolve the issue if the Timezone configuration is incorrect:
- Admin Center -> Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures
- Search->Location -> open the location (example: San Mateo California)
- Update the "Timezone" field via Take Action-> Make Correction to the value Example: America/Los Angeles (GMT-8:00).
*Note: Do not add an effective date. Update the base effective dated record for all locations.
Configure HRIS Propagation XML:
Ensure the following is defined in the HRIS propagation XML:
<destination field-id="timezone" hris-element-id="jobInfo"/>
Configure HRIS Sync Mapping:
Ensure the following is defined in the Succession Data Model:
Steps to ensure the new Timezone data is syncronized from the Location object to the Employee Profile:
- A Job Info update will need to occur for either the affected employee or ALL affected employees
- Once the Location Foundation Object(s) are updated with the new Timezone value, you will need to work on re-loading Job Info data for all employees.
- You can update their latest Job Info record by running a "Person & Employment Export Ad Hoc report" on all Job Info records in the system, extract the latest Job Info records (filter on end-date, all the current records will have the date 12/31/9999) and then Import the data again with the Timezone column blanked and the End Date column also blanked.
- This will update the record in the system and force the Location to propagate the Timezone on Employee Profile / Public Profile page.
Detailed steps on how to perform this data reload:
- Create a new "Person & Employment Export Ad Hoc report" and only select the "Employee Job Info" columns in the report. Generate the report and export to Excel.
- Add filters to the columns and filter on "end-date" field for date "12/31/9999" (this is how to identify the current Job Info record). filter out all other records.
- Navigate to Admin Tools > Import Employee Data.
- Use the "Download" link at the top of the page to download a "Job History" import template.
- Copy the data from the columns in the filtered Excel, to the empty Job History import template that you downloaded
*Note: Do not copy the header row, just the data, and note the columns are in a different order so this needs to be copied 1 column at a time.
- Once you have completed building your import file, remove all data from the "end-date" and "Timezone" column
- Import the file via Admin Tools > Import Employee Data > select Job History import and be sure to select the "Incremental" import option.
This will refresh the current Job Info record, without adding a new record to the system, and it will ensure the Timezone is updated to Employee Profile.
Please reach out to Customer Success via a Support Ticket, should you encounter any issues with this procedure.
KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-HRS , HRIS Sync , How To