Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
- Employee Central
- MDF Business Rules
Reproducing the Issue
1. Navigate to Admin Centre > Configure Business Rules
2. Create New > Basic Rule
3. Under 'Rule Type' there is no option for the rule you are creating
The required Rule Type needs to be defined as a Rule Type Picklist to be selectable under 'Rule Type'
The Rule Type picklist is configured via Admin Tools > Configure Object Definitions > select Search > Picklist
1. In Admin Centre, search for Configure Object Definition
2. In the search bar, select 'Picklist'
3. Under the Picklist list, choose 'RuleType' > Take Action > Make Correction (do not Insert New Record, as we do not want to effective date Rule Types).
4. Add the Rule Type value you want to have available for rule creation > Save
The Rule Type is then visible when creating a new rule
Note: If your instance has been migrated from Legacy to MDF, 'Picklist' will not be a selectable option in 'Configure Object Definition'. Instead, we use 'Manage Data' for this.
1. In Admin Centre, search for 'Manage Data'
2. Search for 'Picklist' > Search for 'RuleType'
3. Take Action > Make Correction > Add the Rule Type value you want to have available for rule creation > Save
RuleType, Rule Type, Picklist, Configure Business Rules, Change, Add, MDF Picklist, Legacy Picklist, , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , Business Rules & Event Derivation , How To