- Employee Central
There are several report schema’s available for Employee Central Ad Hoc reports, they have been listed below with a brief description.
Person and Employment (As of Date) - Employee data as of a given date (today by default unless specified)
- Report on an employee’s HR information as of a particular date; for example, reporting all employees hired as of a certain date.
- This report can be run based on future dates also, an example would be running a Termination report on 01/01/2013 to see how many future dated Terminations are set to take place As Of Date 01/31/2013.
Job Information (Date Range) - Employee data within a given date range, driven by Job Information
- Report on an employee’s job info for a range of dates; for example, reporting all job information and status changes within the give date period. For example, all Job Information and Status changes between 01/01/2012 and 07/01/2013 (mm/DD/yyyy).
- Please note this schema will report on data based on the effective dates of the employees Job Information records. If you report on say Compensation Information, the report will generate 1 row per Job Info effective dated record the employee has, and NOT based on 1 row per Compensation Info effective dated record the employee has. Example is, if the employee has 3 Compensation Info records but 6 Job Info records, and you report on Job Information using this report, you will see 6 rows for Compensation Information, because the Compensation Information records are reported on based on the Job Info record effective dates, within the date range you specify.
Recurring Compensation (Date Range) - Employee data within a given date range, driven by Compensation Information
- Report on an employee’s Compensation Info for a range of dates; for example, reporting on salary changes between 01/01/2012 and 07/01/2013 (mm/DD/yyyy).
- Please note this schema will report on data based on the effective dates of the employees Compensation Information records. If you report on say Job Information, the report will generate 1 row per Comp Info effective dated record the employee has, and NOT based on 1 row per Job Info effective dated record the employee has. Example is, if the employee has 3 Job Info records but 6 Comp Info records, and you report on Job Information using this report, you will see 6 rows for Job Information, because the Job Information is reported on based on the Compensation Info record effective dates within the date range you specify.
Non-Recurring Compensation (Date Range) - Bonus payout within a given date range
- Return information on the Non-recurring Pay Components within a date range specified by the user; for example, reporting bonus payments within a certain date range.
Person and Employment (Audit) - Employee audit trail data
- Report on all the inserts and corrections of an employee’s EC information, including who made changes and when; for example, reporting employee movements and flagging any historical changes.
- We recommend that you use this report to determine who inserted, deleted or edited a record in the employees EC data. This is a very powerful report that will show 1 row per Insert/Update/Delete of EC data for each record that is reported on.
- TIP - Run this on only 1 area of EC data at a time, example: Job Information (do not include Comp Info, or other data). Make a separate report for Comp Info audit, or Personal Info audit, etc.
Person and Employment (Export) - Employee data in a format ready for reimport
- Export employee data so that they can be updated offline and reimported without having to format data in an import friendly way; for example, you need to update Job Information records for multiple users. You would use this report to extract the data.
- Please note, do not include multiple columns (such as Job Information, Compensation Information etc). This report is meant to be run against 1 column set at a time (all fields in Job Information column list).
- If you need to create multiple export files on a regular basis, you can create a Multi Data Set report using only the P&E Export schema, and include 1 column set per domain. Then you can extract data for Job Info, Comp Info, Home Address, etc, into separate tabs. Excel export is recommended here.
Foundation Objects - Foundation object data
- Export information directly from the Foundation Object tables that have been loaded to the system or manually entered; for example, reporting directly on one or more particular Foundation Objects, such as returning the details of all Locations and linked Organization Units (showing the relationship).
Multi Data Set Reporting:
Please note, that you should not mix and match the report schemas listed below when creating Multi Data Set reports. For example, if you create a multi data set report using a Date Range and an As Of Date schema, the system will generate the report based on the As Of Date schema. The same is true if you include the Export schema within the above scenario (Export, Date Range and “As of Date” schemas), then the report will actually run based on the Export report, and date range/as of date will not be possible with the reports. You will also have unexpected results and behavior, as the system is not designed to work in this way. If you do need to create Multi Data Set reports, please ensure you use the same schema type for each domain you add to the report.
Cross Domain Reporting:
Currently it is not possible to use this Ad Hoc Report feature with Employee Central 2.0 Ad Hoc report schemas.
All Employee Central Ad Hoc Reports can be scheduled to run and export to SF or external FTP folders. To set up scheduled Employee Central Ad Hoc reports, please create the report you wish to have scheduled, and then raise a Support ticket with the Customer Success team, who will help schedule the report for you. Please be sure to provide Customer Success with the timing the report should run under (what date/time should the report be scheduled to run, how often), and also the Name of the report and the username of the owner of the report.
EC AdHoc Ad Hoc duplicate row record domain Report Type Employee Central , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-REP , Reporting Data , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, ORD) , How To