- Employee Central
- From b1210 you have 2 ways you can run import jobs in Employee Central - in real-time (synchronous) or queued on the server (asynchronous) modes. It is the value in the Real-Time Threshold field that controls the mode. The user can decide whether to force a real-time or queued job by amending this value when validating or actually importing. The larger the import file record count the more likely the user is to choose to run in asynchronous mode.
- TIP If encountering difficulty and troubleshooting you can sometimes try to validate and import via both methods.
Real-time (synchronous) mode
- When the Real-Time Threshold value is MORE than the count of the number of rows in the chosen file to be imported, the import validation (when validating) and also status (when actually importing) will display to the screen only. There is no email generated to the user.
Queued on the server (asynchronous) mode
- If the Real-Time Threshold value is LESS than the count of the number of rows in the file to be imported then the import will be queued on the server. Before submitting to the asynchronous mode there is sanity check - this is a validation of the first 10 records.
- If the sanity validation check passes - the queued job will be submitted to the server, and user will be notified after the job completion via an email notification. And in the UI itself you will see the old message (pre- b1210) notifying that a job has been submitted.
- Or if the sanity validation fails the user will be reported with errors on to the UI screen (and no email or queued job will be submitted).
- Note: Each import type has a maximum record size for which synchronous mode is supported. The maximum value is defaulted into the Real-Time Threshold field and this value varies per import. The value cannot be increased by the user above this defaulted maximum, it can only be decreased. E.g. in the Foundation Object Import the Workflow import type defaults in at a maximum of 3000 records, whilst the Geozone import has a defaulted maximum of 200. The Real-Time Threshold can never be set to less than a value of 11, because as mentioned the 1st 10 records will always be validated in real-time anyway.
KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions