- Employee Central offers audit on when a recorded was entered or last amended, what changed and who did the change. This is useful information for understand why something changed and for troubleshooting purposes. This article explains how this information can be obtained.
- When needing to know when and what employee data changed and who did it, where can I find out this information?
- Why timezone in audit information is different than server time?
- SAP SuccessFactor HCM Cloud Platform
- Employee Central
- In Employee Central within the Personal Information and Employment Information screens and also for your Foundation Objects (in Admin Tools / Manage Pay, Organization and Job Structures) you can check the audit to see when and who changed that record.
- In Personal Information and Employment Information where you see History you can then click through to see audit on changes. This gives you the current view of History.
- Once in the History you can see on the left-hand pane each separate dated change(s) that was made, ordered by the effective date of the change with the most recent first. Each field that was changed is shown with the new field value and previous field value shown with strikethrough.
- In the right pane we see the full list of values after the change (including unchanged values), and again the changed fields denoted with new (in lighter blue) and old values.
- And finally in the bottom right of the History screen we get the time, date and username of the change. This is the actual datetime of when the change record was saved onto the system. This is vital audit information.
- This is different to the effective date as it the effective date that determines when the determined changes should take effect and actually be seen on the system as the current values for the user.
- So here we have seen how the History feature gives us audit to build up a comprehensive picture of the who, what and when of EC data changes.
- This audit information date time value is shown as per the logged in user's timezone entered in Employee Profile (User Data File).
Ad Hoc Reporting - Person and Employment Audit Domain
In this report we can report on all the changes, corrections of an employee’s HR information, including who made changes and when; for example, reporting employee movements and flagging any historical changes.
- We can audit on a number of different areas. We will focus on Job Information History as we did above.
- Here we get an even fuller audit view of the History of Carla’s Job Information data. Whilst through the Job History above we were able to see the current view of history only. This report shows you deleted information too, field values, and again you get date and user audit too for changes. Very useful!
- Action Type in Audit Report:
- Insert = Represents the change was made using 'Take Action' or Inserting a record into the history
- Update = Can happen from either the 'Pencil' icon or from editing an existing record from the Employee History
KBA , sf employee central , audit information timezone , incorrect timezone , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To