- Employee Central
- Importing Employee Data is an efficient way of adding employees to the system and handling employee related data changes in Employee Central 2.0.
We recommend creating a backup of the file before uploading records. This can be done through Ad-Hoc Reporting (or Export Extended User Information for Live Profile data). That way, you’ll be able to retrieve your data, in case records are accidentally wiped out.
- To Import Employee Data choose Admin Tools / Manage Users / Import Employee Data in older Admin UI. In the newer style Admin UI choose Administration Tools / Manage Employees / Update User Information / Import Employee Data.
- In Employee Central 2.0 when importing employee data, the sequence of import is very important. If you do not import all the essential files in the right order you can encounter difficulties when trying to import subsequent data and also there can be data issues within the application itself later on. There is a bare minimum of imports you must complete so you can begin testing or indeed for a user to get started properly in the system, and these are listed below. For the complete "all data" import process, please refer to the Employee Central Master implementation handbook, and check out the chapter on "Working with Employee Data".
If you’re looking just doing the bare minimum imports so you can begin testing, here’s a list of imports you must complete. You can always come back and complete the rest of the imports later. Perform these imports in the order mentioned below.
- Basic Import
- Biographical Information Import
- Employment Details Import
- Job History Import
- Personal Information Import
- Compensation Info Import
In case of a Rehire, to update Employment Information, you must perform Job Information import before Employment Information Import.
FAQs: Importing Data
Please refer to the chapter "FAQs: Importing Data" in the Employee Central Imports Admin handbook, found here. This is by far the best resource to answer all of your Employee Central Core import questions
Please also check out article 2092931 - Employee Central: Some users do not Synchronize via HRIS Sync and do not appear in Ad Hoc Reports (IS_EC_SYSTEM_OF_RECORD)
2092931 - Employee Central: Some users do not Synchronize via HRIS Sync and do not appear in Ad Hoc Reports (IS_EC_SYSTEM_OF_RECORD)
Import Employee Data, EC, Employee Central, Importing Employee Data, Basic Import, Creating Employees via Import, Biographical Info, IS_EC_SYSTEM_OF_RECORD, IS_EC_SYSTEM_RECORD , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Employee Data Imports , How To