- Employee Central.
- Whilst there are variations in customer configuration there are two main fields concerning start/hire date in use which can be seen on the Employee Details section within Job Information.
- Above we can see Hire Date field label and this is the start-date date field in the database. It is a mandatory field. It is not editable in the Employment Details UI. In this field we enter the date of the current hire for an employment. Note this will show the effective date of the most recent Hire / Rehire event in the Job History.
- Above we can also see the Original Start Date field. This is the originalStartDate field in the database. It is usually configured as non-mandatory and is editable in the Employment Details UI. If the employee has been working for the company before in this field we enter the date of the first hire in the organization. So if the person has been re-hired then we would expect the date the person re-joined to show in Hire Date but the date the person 1st worked for the company to be in Original Start Date.
- As mentioned the Hire Date field is not editable in the Employment Information UI. It can be done via employment details import wherein you can enter the required hired date of the user and import the file and then can amend within Job Information / History and by using Take Action / Make Correction that it can be amended if needed. The Effective As Of Date is the field to be amended in the latest Hire / Re-Hire record.
- We save our change. And the next time the system syncs you will see Hire Date has refreshed!
Hire date can be changed change of hire date via import of employee data , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , New Hire/Rehire Wizards , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions