- A unique error occurs in Provisioning when a Succession Data Model is loaded into an instance which does not contain the same fields as the Country Specific Succession Data Model (used in EC implementations).
- This issue normally happens during the implementation process when fields are being removed from the Succession Data Model.
- The provisioning screen goes blank after attempting to load the Succession Data Model.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Country specific fields need to be in the Succession Data Model (SDM) before they can be entered in the country specific XML for Succession Data (CS-SDM) model.
- If a field is removed from the SDM first, the system is unable to validate the dependencies in the succession data model with the country specific succession data model.
- Currently the system displays a locking behavior which displays a blank screen in provisioning.
There are two solutions which can be deployed:
- Prevent the error- This error can be prevented by removing fields from the country specific XML for Succession Data (CS-SDM) model PRIOR to removing them from the Succession Data Model. This will prevent the issue.
- Remove the locking behavior- A blank CS-SDM can be imported to remove all dependencies. Once the blank CS-SDM is imported, the SDM can be imported without error. Then re-import the original CS-SDM.
Example of blank CS-SDM:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE country-specific-fields PUBLIC
"-//SuccessFactors, Inc.//DTD Country Specific Field Configuration//EN"
Remember to download copies of the SDM and CS – SDM, before over-writing the XML files.
Sf, provisioning blank, success factors, CSF SDM, Succession Data Model , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PRV , Provisioning Changes , Problem