- There is a unique error that occurs in Provisioning when a Succession Data Model is loaded into an instance that does not contain the same fields as the Country Specific Succession Data Model (used in EC implementations). This issue normally occurs during the implementation process when fields are being removed from the Succession Data Model.
- The provisioning screen goes blank after attempting to load the Succession Data Model.
- Employee Central
- Country specific fields need to be in the Succession Data Model (SDM) before they can be entered in the country specific XML for Succession Data (CS-SDM) model. If a field is removed from the SDM first, the system is unable to validate the dependencies in the succession data model with the country specific succession data model. Currently the system displays a locking behavior where we get the blank screen in provisioning.
There are two solutions that can be deployed:
- Prevent the error- This error can be prevented by removing fields from the country specific XML for Succession Data (CS-SDM) model PRIOR to removing them from the Succession Data Model. This will prevent the issue.
- Remove the locking behavior- A blank CS-SDM can be imported to remove all dependencies. Once the blank CS-SDM is imported, you can import the Succession Data Model (SDM) without any error. You can then re-import your original CS-SDM.
SAMPLE of blank CS-SDM:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE country-specific-fields PUBLIC
"-//SuccessFactors, Inc.//DTD Country Specific Field Configuration//EN"
Remember to download copies of the SDM and CS – SDM, before over-writing the XML files.
KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem