How to rehire an inactive employee in Employee Central
- Employee Central
There are two separate routes you can take to rehire inactive employees in Employee Central
Solution 1 - Via "Add New Employee" wizard :
- From admin page, click on "Add new employee"
- Once on the add new employee screen, enter the mandatory fields, and click on Next. Then system checks for any matching inactive users based on firstname, lastname, DOB, National Id info(if entered), and will return a list of matching users. There you can select the user whom you want to rehire.
- Clicking on "Use this match" will take you back to new hire first screen with all the details populated for that user, and then you can continue changing whatever you need to change to complete the rehire.
- Note that once you click "Use this match" you will need to re-select the Event Reason, as it will now only show Rehire events -:
Solution 2 - Via "Rehire Inactive Employee" tool -:
- If you have been granted permission to “Admin Center > Rehire Inactive Employees” tool, then you can utilize this tool to rehire employees. Instead of having to match certain data to find the employee you want to rehire, you can search for the Inactive user, and rehire them via this tool. Just click on the employee’s name you wish to rehire to start the rehire process.
NOTE: If the Add New Employee wizard does not open the "Use this match" pop-up when entering First/Last Name + Date of Birth, or if the Rehire Inactive Employee tool does not return the user when they are searched for - then the employee is either not currently Terminated, or does not have any Employee Central data maintained (minimum = Biographical Info, Employment Details, Job Information & Personal Information).
2346919 - Add New Employee Wizard : How to configure "Use this Match" feature (Hire/Rehire Configuration: MATCHINGUSERCONFIG)
- 2346828 - Rehire Inactive Employee with New Employment - b1608
- 2558261 - Rehire / Rehire with new employment: Error: The employee already has an active employment. You cannot add multiple active emloyments using the rehire transaction
- 2543912 - Rehire and Use this Match Features in Employee Central
Rehire Inactive Employee, Use this match, Rehiring employees, wizard , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , New Hire/Rehire Wizards , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To