- This article explains how to set up the system so that a custom field AM / PM can appear when a fractional absence is selected
- When a user is entering Time-Off and they select to enter a quantity of time of 0.5 days (for example) it is important to know if they are planning to take the morning or afternoon off. It would be useful in this scenario that a field will be appear so the user can select AM or PM for the absence.
- Employee Central
- This is the end result we are looking for.
- When selecting a day in the Calendar the Requesting field shows as 1 day. Here the user actually wants 0.5 day absence with it being the afternoon.
- When changing it to 0.5 days, when our solution is in place a new field becomes enabled so AM or PM can be chosen.
- This is how you set it up:
1) Create a new custom field in the object definition of Employee Time via Admin Tools / Configure Object Definitions.
2) Go to the Details of your custom field. There you need to maintain the condition based on the fieldId fractionQuantity. In the condition’s details you can maintain the values (see image below).
In this example I maintained values 0.25 and 0.5 for fractional absences with unit Days as well as values 1 to 7 for fractional absences with unit Hours (assuming a full workday is configured with 8 hours within the employee’s work schedule).
3) Save your changes. That’s it!
Your custom field will now only be shown if one of the configured fractions has been selected.
KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time-Off , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions