- If you are an Employee Central customer and create new users via Admin Tools / Add New Employee you need to be aware that your system configuration will determine how the passwords for new users are created.
- When I create new users in Employee Central Admin Tools / Add New Employee in what format will the password be created?
- Employee Central
- In the SuccessFactors system some customers have a system configuration called Single Sign-On. Having this on or off affects your new user passwords. For new users there are normally received on the Welcome Message Notification email.
- Key point : If a user has been created via Admin Tools / Add New Employee then as a rule the system always generates a random password. Only when SSO is enabled on the customer instance then the password would be same as the username.
- Note in a non-SSO system or SSO system if you add the user using imports (in Import Employee Data / Basic Import), then in this case the password would typically be the same as username.
- Also note the above advice also applies if you are using Recruiting and Manage Pending Hires to transfer new employees into Admin Tools / Add New Employee.
New User Employee Central Add New Employee Manage Pending Hires Hire , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions