- The environment extensions maintained in Boomi disappeared when a user selects the Environment Extensions for editing, and then selects OK before the actual extensions have time to populate.
- However Process deployments, schedules, audit logs for extension changes in this environment are still visible in the system.
- Please utilize this KB to find the root cause of the issue and options to avoid this situation and steps to reset your previous Extension values, before needing to contact Customer Success.
- The previously maintained Environment Extensions in Boomi does not exist anymore even when no user had deleted them.
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
2) Select the option ‘Manage’ and then go to ‘Atom Management’
3) Now select the effected environment and click on Environment Extensions
4) The Environment extensions will be updated with blank values when the user click on the OK button on the below screen before the actual values of the Extensions are populated on the screen.
- The maintained Environment Extensions in Boomi are deleted due to a known Boomi User Interface bug.
- How to avoid such a situation?
- In the step 4 above, let the values of the Extensions populate and then click OK once you have made the changes. Clicking OK will save the data on the screen.
- If you have not made any changes then do not click on OK button, rather click on the Cancel button. This will not save the data but only close the screen.
- How to reset the values of the Environment Extensions?
- Currently there is no automatic way to reset the previous values of the Extensions but you have an option to manually check the previous values of Extensions and then manually update their values.
Steps to manually check and set the values of Environment extension:
1) Go to the Environment Extensions dialog screen and then click on ‘Show Audit Logs’.
2) Then select the Previous Value link for the latest successful change of Extensions:
3) This shows you a full dump of all extension values (except for passwords) that you can use to re-maintain the values via the UI:
Dell engineering is currently working on a resolution to be applied in a future release. This resolution will involve either not allowing the user to click "OK" before the page is ready, or, making "deletion of all extensions" a special case requiring additional approval from the user. No delivery time has been communicated yet.
When maintaining Boomi environment extensions, always wait for the current extension values are fully loaded into the “Environment Extension” maintenance dialog popup before clicking on “OK”.
KBA , sf boomi , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem