- Employee Central.
Reproducing the Issue
- Example: we want to insert a new record into Judy Chille’s Job Information History after we have been told that she was in a role reporting into Carla Grant in 2008.
However we cannot find our desired value of Carla in our Supervisor field?! Why?
- Logical behaviour of Effective Dates.
- The Supervisor field we looked at is an effective dated field and list. The list is effective dated and works in conjunction with the Personal Information effective dates. And in Personal Information we can see that the Effective Date of Carla’s Personal Information is set to 01/01/2009 which is when Carla joined the company.
- So we have an anomoly here between when we are told Judy worked for Carla, and Carla’s reliable Personal Information in the system. So we call Judy, Carla to double check and soon verify that Judy worked for Carla in 2009 after all. The system was right to not show Carla when we were trying to create our 2008 dated history record. After all Carla cannot have been a manager of someone when she did not work for us!
- So now we try and create our History record for our date in 2009 and Carla does now show up as desired. Great!
*Note if the Personal Information effective date had needed amending we could have done this in the Personal Information History screen and used ‘Make New Correction’.
KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem