- You can use a this feature in Employee Central so if a workflow is not processed in a certain timeframe, then a notification can be sent to the current approver(s) - and then be sent again after the same period and so on whilst the item remains outstanding.
- As a Customer Admin you want to make sure approvers action workflows assigned to them for approval.
- You can use the Reminder for Stalled Workflows feature to achieve this.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
- The Customer Admin can configure workflows in Admin Tools / Manage Organisation, Pay and Job Structures, to set the ‘Remind in Days’ value.
- A case would also need to be raised with Customer Success to enable this feature. An xml change in the Corporate Data Model is needed to enable the field shown in the screenshot above. Also a quartz scheduled job (this is also done by SF CS) that will trigger the notifications needs to be set up - we recommend this job runs once daily.
In above example Remind in Days is set to 2. This means that a reminder notification will be sent every 2 days since the last action on the workflow item. Here, action means, it could be either adding a comment on the workflow or changing any approvers in the workflow, for example.
When the Initiator Initiates the workflow, at that time, we do send an email notification to the first step approver that there is a Pending Action for them (see Admin Tools / System Properties / E-Mail Notification Templates Settings / Workflow Action Pending Notification). So, when we send the reminder notification (as per the Remind In Days feature), we again use this same Pending Action notification this time with the subject prepended as "Reminder:"
Similarly, if an approver sends back the workflow request to a participant (see E-Mail Notification Templates Settings / Workflow Sentback Notification), we do send a Sent Back email to the initiator. So, when we send the reminder notification (as per the Remind In Days feature), we again use this same email template Sent Back with the subject prepended as "Reminder:”
NOTE: If it is desired to have the same Remind in Days value for all workflows then this can be set globally on the quartz scheduled job, and if set this value always takes precedence - and the xml change is not even needed to enable or set in Admin Tools the Remind in Days field.
SuccessFactors , Success Factors , SF , Employee Central , EC , work flow reminder , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions