- Employee Central.
- Best Practice process, to manage Foundation Object updates : Keep historic data accurate.
1) Foundation Object update - Please ensure that you add a new effective dated record to the Foundation Object, starting from the date you would like the new value be available for selection. This will keep historic data selections in tact (including backdated changes made in the future), and future dated changes will use the new/updated Foundation Object record if they are effective after the new Foundation Objects data record.
- Navigate to Admin Tools > Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures, search for the Existing Foundation Object e.g. Division, and select the Division you wish to update.
- Click the “Insert New Record” button, select an effective date and make the needed changes.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- Once the changes have been made, any user record updates made to Division that are the same as or later than the effective date of the new historic Foundation Object record will be used. If the effective date is prior to the new historic record, then the older values will be used.
- The principle is the same when keeping historic data for employee’s accurate. Always create a new historic record, versus updating the current existing record. This way historic auditing can be performed on data.
2) Update the Job / Compensation History records that are affected by the Foundation Object change. You can make the Job History changes via EC UI, Mass Changes tool or Import, and any Compensation Information Changes will need to be made via the UI or Imports.
KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To