- This article gives an explanation of why an Admin can see fields he/she would not normally expect to in the Add New Employee wizard.
- Customers ask why an Admin who has access to Admin Tools / Add New Employee (New Hire) & Rehire Inactive Employees, but is not system permissioned to see or edit certain fields, can see and can edit these fields in the Add New & Rehire Employee wizard.
Employee Central - Hire/Rehire
Reproducing the Issue
- Why can an Admin who has access to Admin Tools / Add New Employee (New Hire) & Rehire Inactive Employees, but is not granted view permissions to see or edit certain fields, can see and can edit these fields in the Add New Employee wizard.
- This is the expected behavior of the system.
- This is expected system functionality at the current time. Global field settings (set in xml configuration) for View or Edit apply here only and RBP itself is ignored.
- Existing RBP permissions are not applicable to New Hire & Rehire since the employee's data is not yet confirmed in the system, including the relationship data. So the role relationship RBP needs is not fully formed at this early step.
- For example hidden fields to an Admin user that are normally only propagated in the background when field values or set, or fields the Admin should not set such as Mobile phone number which should be set later by the Employee, are both visible and editable.
- One option sometimes adopted here is to set a field as globally View Only, thus it is then read only rather than Editable during the (re)hiring process. But note this will make the field View Only throughout the system UI to everyone. Individual Role Based Permissions that would appear to allow Edit of this field elsewhere in the UI will not take effect.
- To control field Required Status and Visibility to be able to hide fields in New Hire wizard as well as change the Required status of fields, can be performed using Business Rules
- Workflow approval pages don't support RBP that are triggered from the Add new hire wizard or the rehire wizard
Please review the following KB Article for more information on how field level permissions can be configured using MDF Rules Engine to Hide fields in ONLY the Add New Employee wizard -:
RBP, New Hire, Hire Wizard, Rehire, Rules, Employee Central , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , New Hire/Rehire Wizards , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , Business Rules & Event Derivation , How To