- Employee Central.
Position Management functionality is now available for creating, maintaining, staffing, and activating positions in Admin Tools and for displaying a position hierarchy, which can be different to the reporting line structure.
The main characteristics of Position Management are:
- If position management is enabled, you still do not need to assign employees to a position.
- You can assign any number of employees to one position (“mass positions”).
- Unless wanted, managers do not maintain positions, nor relate any workforce administration to positions.
- Position Management is based on one central position object. This object will be shared in SF Business Execution Suite. Integration to Succession Management is available from the start.
- Positions share organizational and job fields with the job information of employees. The position fields represent the target state of the organization; job information represents the actual state.
- Using position management is optional.
Considerations and Options when using Position Management:
- Define a Hierarchy.
- Determine who will have permission to manage this feature:
- Controlled via RBP.
- Controlled via RBP.
- Determine which position fields will be searchable when the system looks for a position.
- Define what fields the system will look for when auto assigning a position.
- Determine filed labels and visibility.
- Determine the labels for your fields and who should be able to see them. Permissions controlled via RBP.
- Determine rules to automatically fill job information fields.
- Determine what fields/values will be auto populated when a new job is created.
- Define default values for applicable fields when a new job is created
- Define the default values for fields when a new job is created.
- Define workflow approval.
- Define the workflow approval process.
- Can setup mass incumbent.
- You can specify whether a position is for one or multiple candidates.
- Can setup position control.
- This will limit the jobs available to an employee based on their FTE value.
- Can define stable headcount.
- This allows an employee to move positions and have the vacated job counted or not counted in regards to total headcount for that organization.
- Determine preferred synchronization(s).
- Determine what fields should be synchronized to the employee profile.
- Determine if Position Reclassification or position transfer will be required.
- Reclassification or transfer causes the system to.
- Define Synchronization of Common Position and Job Info fields for position reclassification.
- Define Sync Position to JobInfo.
- Define Sync of JobInfo to Position.
- Define rules for employee changes.
The implementation of Position Management requires a Professional Services engagement. Please contact your local sales representative if you would like more information.The below adds the related articles.
KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To