- When viewing the Time Off calendar for some employees, the non-working days are not greyed out on the calendar.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- Employee Central.
- When viewing the Time Off calendar for some employees, the non-working days are not greyed out on the calendar. We created a new Work Schedule and assigned it to a group of employees, and when using Time Off to book leave, the weekend days are not greyed out and the system is considering them as Taken days leave.
This is a configuration issue, due to an incorrectly configured Work Schedule assigned to the employees EC > Job Information. To troubleshoot this issue, navigate the employees Job Information portlet in EC and identify the Work Schedule they have been assigned. In the example below this is “USA Mon to Fri Work Schedule (MonToFri_USA)” -:
- Then, navigate to Admin Tools > Manage Time Off Structures, and in the Search drop-down menu select Work Schedule, and then in the 2nd drop-down box search for the Work Schedule you have identified in the employees Job Information -:
- The issue, as shown above, is that the creator of this Work Schedule has only added 5 days to the schedule. This is incorrect, as the system will always consider 7 days in a week. The “Days” values are identified as follows -:
1 – Monday
2 – Tuesday
3 – Wednesday
4 – Thursday
5 – Friday
6 – Saturday
7 – Sunday
- To correct the issue, you will need to select Take Action > Make Correction in the top right of the Work Schedule object, and then add the 2 missing days. In this case, Days 6 and 7 (Saturday and Sunday). Now, to ensure they are considered as non-work days, set their “Working Hours” value to 0 and then save the changes.
- Then, to verify the calendar now displays non-work days correctly, proxy as the employee in question and navigate to their Time Off page to verify the calendar is now correct -:
- Another example of this same issue is below -:
- And the same steps as mentioned above will help you in resolving the issue.
LOD-SF-EC-TIM , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time-Off , How To