- Several errors when refreshing dashboard based on BI Web service connections
- Error: An internal error occurred while calling 'getSessionInfosEx' API. (Error:ERR_WIS_30270)
- Error: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$UnexpectedServerException
- Dashboard 4.1 SP03
- BI 4.1 SP03
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a WEBI report.
- Create 2 - 3 BI Web Services on top of that WEBI report.
- Schedule the WEBI report, so the data could be retrived from the latest instance.
- Create dashboard by importing the Web Services created in Step 2.
- In the Connection settings in Dashboard Designer, make the input Parameter - "getFromLatestDocumentInstance" as True or 1.
- Run the Dashboard and keep refreshing it.
- Error is re-produced.
The issue is due to webi reports not being scheduled the right way. Webi reports should be scheduled via Publishing, when used in Dashboard via BI Web Services.
When connecting Dashboard to BI Web Service (Latest Instance), follow the steps below to get the correct data, especially the steps about Publication.
- Create a WEBI Report, that will be used for BI Web Service (BIWS)
- Create a new publication on the WEBI report created (Enterprise Recipient: Select User Group, Destination: Default Enterprise Location and BI Inbox). For 'Show options for selected Destinations’ select BI Inbox and enable Send As Shortcut.
3. Publish the report block as a web service.
4. Create a dashboard using the WSDL URL obtained.
- In Dashboards use the QAAWS option to call the webservice .Use Get method.
- Map or enter the credentials.
- In connections have set getFromLatestDocumentInstance and GetFromUserInstance to True.
- Set Refresh before Components are loaded.
- Map the output.
- Rest all are the default options.
5. Schedule the publication.
6. View the instance from BI Inbox and the result in the dashboard. It should be same.
7. Now change the data in db.
8. Schedule the publication again and view the instance in Inbox ,also view the dashboard.
Scheduled BIWS, Get latest instance, BI Web service connections, Error:ERR_WIS_30270, intermittent errors, getSessionInfosEx, CommunicationException, Dashboards, Xcelsius , KBA , inconsistent , latestinstance , getfromuserinstance , getfromlatestinstance , BI-RA-XL-DSL , Dashboards, design-time, design on multi-source , Problem