- List of values not restricted.
- Parameter shows all the possible values, despite it should be filtered to only display the value for the specific parameter value.
- In Dashboard, when refreshing a report based off an SAP BEx Query with a variable that uses BADI to filter the values, it prompts the user with an unfiltered list of values.
- When viewing the same BEx Query in BEx Analyzer, it displays a restricted list of values.
- Dashboard 4.0
- Dashboard 4.1
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAP Netweaver, create a BADI to filter a list of values based on the particular value.
- In BEx Query Designer, create a BEx Query and filter the data using one variable that use BADI.
- In SAP BEx Analyzer, view the BEx Query, and notice it restrict the List of Values for the variable based on the particular value.
- Create a Dashboard off the same BEx query.
- When Previewing the Dashboard, the parameter / variable, displays a list of all the values.
- BADI is not a supported functionality in Dashboards, and therefore this is why the list of values is not restricted.
To request a new feature or product enhancement, SAP has defined a new process and tool that is now available to customers called Idea Place: https://ideas.sap.com. Idea Place gives customers the ability to log their own Enhancement Requests and work more directly with our Technology and Development group.
SAP is committed to reviewing and responding to the ideas submitted on a regular basis.The ideas with the most votes will receive a higher level of attention for response and consideration. The processes and procedures associated with this site will continue to evolve and enhance over time. Refer to Knowledge Base Article 1515837 for more details.
Dashboard, LOV, BADI, Business Add IN, BW. , KBA , BI-RA-XL-DSL , Dashboards, design-time, design on multi-source , Problem