- Performance Management
- Out of Turn Access allows roles to access a copy of the form via Team Overview for their own rating before the previous step has been completed. Managers can start early! (note the form will still need to proceed through all route map steps, so accessing out of turn merely helps you get a head start
1. Out of turn access is NOT supported for Iterative or Collaborative steps (I or C)
2. Out of Turn access should not enabled for 1:1 meeting step.
Make Sure you Add Required Step Permissions
If you are enabling the Out of Turn access feature in PM v12a, please make sure that you have properly set permissions on your template to view ratings and comments at the right steps for each role. If other users are not supposed to see the manager's ratings and comments that are entered while using Out of Turn access, you should use field permissions to hide them.
Note: There was a design change in b1311, so templates created prior to this build will require that you update your role permissions.
Example: Performance Review form starts with E, and Out of Turn Access is enabled. EM opens the form from Team Overview and enters comments.
If you don't want the E to see the EM's comments then you need to add permissions in your template to hide the EM's comments to E at the E step. (This must be done before you launch forms)
The user with out-of-turn access can enter ratings / comments on a form that is not yet in their inbox.
- The rating the manager adds out-of-turn will not apply to the rating until the form officially gets to them.
- Any changes to ratings / comments made in a step before it reaches a user will NOT be reflected when it is accessed by others via out-of-turn access.
- Users accessing the form out-of-turn can consider their updates to be in a "draft" stage until the form is actually moved to them in the route map step for their role.
Best Practice for Calibration and Out-of-Turn Access:
- DO NOT make the first Employee step a calibration step.
- DO NOT make your first step a calibration step (unless there are no other later steps where changes will be made).
- Make either the last Manager or HR Manager step the calibration step.
- The calibration step needs to be either the last step before signature or at least a step after all individual assessments are done and after other users that have out-of-turn access will have completed their actions.
KBA , sf pm v12 , LOD-SF-PM-MAP , Routing, Route Maps & Workflows , How To