- This article discusses Document Lock for Forms With a Collaborative Step (C-Step).
- Although multiple employees can have the same document in their inbox at the same time, only one person can open/access the document at any one time. If a user attempts to open a document that is in a collaborative step (C-step) and is already being viewed by the other participant, they will see the message 'The document is currently being locked by another user. Please try again at a later time.
- Performance Management
- Another user is currently viewing the document.
- A user viewed the form, but did not click the 'Save and Close' or 'Close Without Saving' buttons causing the session to remain cached on their pc and locked to other users until it times out.
- If you try to open a form that has a 'C step', and is already opened by another user, you will get a screen with the message: 'The document is currently being locked by another user. Please try again at a later time.' It will also indicate the name of the user that the form is locked by. Currently the Collaborative Step lockout time is 60 minutes (PMU-1421)
- The document remains locked until the user that has the form open, clicks the 'Save and Close' or 'Close Without Saving' buttons, or their session times out.
- If user does not click these buttons but simply closes their browser or walks away from their computer then the document is still locked until the user's session times-out.
- If Enable Auto Logout at Session Timeout is turned on, then when the session times-out, the changes made to the form will save and the document automatically unlocks.
c-step, collaborative step, lockout time, forms locked , KBA , sf performance manage live forms , LOD-SF-PM-MAP , Routing, Route Maps & Workflows , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions