- Why does a particular user not have permissions to create the form he needs? All other users have the ability to create forms.
- The person was not active or perhaps not in the 'Default User Group'.
- The user already has an existing form, and the system has been setup to not allow users to create a form if one already exists with an end date that falls within the current period Document needs deleting.
- Permissions on an individual level have not been granted to the user.
- Performance Management
- One cause for this is that the person was not active or perhaps not in the 'Default User Group' (a requirement to receive permissions) at the time permissions were granted. This is easy to correct both for this person and to prevent this issue going forward.
- To add user to the Default User Group
- Go to Administration
- Under the Manage Security section click "Default User Permissions" 3) Scroll down from there and you will see an area called 'Form Permissions.'
- Click any and all forms that you want to give all employees creation access to.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on the 'Save Settings' button.
Any new hires that come on board would automatically inherit this permission going forward using this method.
- If the user already has an existing form, and the system has been setup to not allow users to create a form if one already exists with an end date that falls within the current period, you should use detailed document search report to make a thorough check to verify there is not an existing form does not exist for this user.
- Check that permissions on an individual level have been granted to the user. If you are not using the method described for the Default User Group above, then you are likely granting permission to create forms by user, or user group.
If so, from admin tools > Manage Security > Permission to Create Forms > Manage form create permission security through individual users > check the permissions set for this user in relation to form creation.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are using Role Base Permission the Default User Group is not configurable through the UI. By default all users when created will be part of the default user group automatically
KBA , sf performance manage permissions , LOD-SF-PM , Performance Management , How To