When performing a new material cost estimate an error message appears: Creation of material cost estimate failed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Inventory Valuation workcenter and select the common task New Cost Estimate.
- Enter all the mandatory data, such as the Product, Business Residence, Valid From Date and Explosion Date.
- Select Simulate.
- The error message appears: Creation of material cost estimate failed.
Provided that there is no no material cost estimate run or released with the same or later Valid from date, the reason for the error is that the production model of the material is invalid.
You can set the validity of the related production model with following steps.
- Go to Planning and Production Master Data work center and Production Models view.
- Select the production model of the related material and press Edit.
- In the Valid To field enter a date later then the Valid From date of your in the new material cost estimate.
- Select Save and then execute the material cost estimate again.
KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To