- EMOS allows for the form to set a maximum possible overall score to be selected by the rater, based on minimum scores at the goal or competency level. It can be formulated as AND or OR conditions.
- How do we enable EMOS?
- SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management
When you configure EMOS, or Enforce Maximum Overall Score, you set limitations on the rating that a specified role can give to an employee. Sometimes called Fail one, fail all, EMOS allows the form to set a maximum possible overall score to be selected by the rater, based on minimum scores at the goal or competency level. The rater cannot give a higher score that what is permitted by the form. This option enforces a limit on the manual overall score based on the lowest goal and competency ratings in the form.
To enable EMOS, for old PM v12 version of the form, it requires configuration changes in the template xml. Please refer to this article KB 2250186 for the Software Change Requests. The sample code below will be added in the Goal and Competency section as well as the Summary section.
In every involved goal/competency section, the element will be added:
The main configuration will be added in Summary section:
For PM v12 Acceleration, EMOS can be enabled and configured via Manage Templates.
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Templates > select the PM template.
- Click Edit Fields and Sections. Select the Summary section.
- Click Show advanced options...
- Select Enable EMOS (Note: The option will only be available when Allow manual rating is enabled. Please enable this first and save the template.)
- Select Configure "Enforce Maximum Overall Score".
- Configure the parameters in the EMOS Configuration screen.
- Click Save to finish.
In the above example configuration, when a Manager rates an employee, if the employee's Performance Goals are at the Needs Development level or below, and the competencies are Unsatisfactory or below, then the manager cannot select a maximum overall score greater than Meets Expectations. When EMOS is configured, only the available ratings are enabled in the list of possible ratings.
EMOS, Enforce Maximum Overall Score, PM v12A , KBA , sf performance manage templates , LOD-SF-PM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , How To