- Performance Management
Inbox: If you regularly route multiple forms from your Inbox, you have the option to do the routing or approvals all at once with a single click. You can search for all the forms you'd like to work with and make changes, such as approve the forms, in a single click. With this option enabled the user will see a new button "Send to Next Step" in the inbox.
Supported Form Types
The system shall support mass route for additional form template types other than PM
- 360 Degree Multi-Rater
- Succession Nomination
- Business Performance Accelerator
Setting Permissions for Administrators
- To do so, you first need permission to work with multiple forms. To get the right permission, go to Admin Tools > Manage Security > Administrative Privileges > Manage Documents, and select the Mass Route Document checkbox. (PMT-2268)
- Admin then Grants Permission to Users
- If the admin user has user administer permissions for mass approve, he will see the admin link to Mange Mass Approve privilege. After click the link, the user is able to see the admin page as below. The admin user shall be able to grant permission to users in the system to use the mass route feature in their Inbox. By default the user is not granted any user permission for mass route.
- Your Master Form Templates may also need to be updated if you wish to include permissions on which roles can route forms and at which step they can mass route (to prevent users from mass routing past required steps for example).
How to Mass Route Documents as a User
If the use has the mass approve permission, he will be able to see "approve" button on top of the form list. Similar to the HR Inbox, the Inbox will support filter capabilities to narrow down the list of forms displayed in the inbox using the following filters:
Form Name - Distinct list of form templates made up from all forms in a user's inbox
Step - Distinct list of route map steps made up of forms in a user's inbox, Note the step Shows all by default, if 1 form template is selected, it only shows those for that template
Department - List of department values the user has access to based on Admin > Form Template Administration > Target Population.
Division - List of division values the user has access to based on Admin > Form Template Administration > Target Population.
Location - List of location values the user has access to based on Admin > Form Template Administration > Target Population.
Custom 1-15 - One list for each custom 1-15 user field that is configured as reportable/searchable. Each list has values based on the user's has access rights from Admin > Form Template Administration > Target Population.
NOTE: A checkbox will be shown for the form only
- if current login user has form permission to mass route the form at the current step. The system will check mass-route-permission section of form Meta section to see if current login user has permission to do that.
- The user first selects an option from the Mass Route Option dropdown list.
- If a user does not meet these 2 conditions then they will not see checkboxes in the list of forms and not be able to select any forms to move.
After the user click the "Mass approve" button, the system will prompt the user with a confirmation dialog to confirm they want to mass route all the selected forms, include information about display the count of selected forms, and routing comments.
After click OK button, the user will get a message indicating the number of forms successfully routed as well as the number of forms that were selected but not routed as below.
1. [Q] If I don't configure anything for Mass Inbox Approve for one form template, can I mass approve the documents already created based on that template?
[A] Yes. You can. The Mass Inbox Approve function will treat the form template as, no roles, and steps constrained, and the form validation is "true".
2. [Q] There is already "Mass Inbox Approve" permission configured in one form template. If I modify "validation" from "true" to "false" , will it impact the existing documents for that template?
[A] Yes. Mass Inbox Approve ALWAYS reads the configuration from form template instead of each document. So when you modify something of this permission in form template, it will impact all the documents already created.
3. [Q] In the search filter, when I input first or last name of employee in "Employee:" fields, why can't I see the full name auto-completed in that input box? Or when I click "search" button, why can't I see any document in the inbox?
[A] Currently, the "Employee:" input box is only for USERNAME of the employee, so please try to input the username in search.
4. [Q] When I select one form template, why don't I see any step (Only "All") of this form template in the "Steps" select box? But when I click the "search" button, I do see some documents with steps show up in the list?
[A] This is because there is no "Step ID:" for that step. The step id is critical for mass inbox approve permission.
5. [Q]Does the "Mass Inbox Approve" support other form type like 360, compensation in b1009?
[A] Yes, We support all of them including pm review, 360, compensation, succession.
6. [Q]When I add the "Mass Inbox Approve" permission to "fm-meta" section of form template and click save, why does it show error?
[A]Please check your permission xml is match the grammar of the <mass-route-route> in sf-form.dtd, especially the order in the elements of "fm-meta", it is after the "button-permission", that is "……button-permission*, mass-route-permission*, meta-form-rating-calc? ……". For more detail information, please reference in latest sf-form.dtd.
7. [Q]How can I know if one document is sent by "Mass Inbox Approve"?
[A]You can open the document and check the audit trail for comment like "Mass Route: ……"
8. [Q] Do we support "O" role in "Mass Inbox Approve" permission setting?
[A] Yes, We support "O", eg
<mass-route-permission type="enabled" validation="true">
Information for Partners & Support
What to Check Form Templates for Correct Permissions. If this does not exist then a CCOR will be required to update form templates to add restrictions for the roles as needed.
Add a new permission similar to button-permission or rater-id-permission in for Meta section. Here is an example:
<mass-route-permission type="enable" validation="true">
</ mass-route-permission >
So that the admin user is able to configure route map steps to allow or disallow mass route of a form in that route map step.
Route map step
Dis/allow mass route
KBA , sf routing maps , sf performance manage live forms , LOD-SF-PM , Performance Management , Problem