- Working with offline documents.
- PerformanceManager documents may be downloaded for offline use in situations when Internet access is unavailable (disconnected use). The offline feature is ideal for users that require an ability to work on a document when Internet access is not readily available (e.g. while traveling on a plane, etc). The offline feature enables a disconnected user to work and save document edits until Internet access becomes available, at which point, the user simply uploads the document changes to the
- PerformanceManager system.
- How to enable offline documents
- How do I download my performance for to work with it offline?
- Why can't I edited some of the fields ofline?
- Why can't I edit the goal weight offline?
- What can I edit offline?
- Performance Management
Note this is a legacy feature originally designed for V9 UI, before the smart-phone age where most can now access internet everywhere.
- By default we recommend this option be off.
- Not supported for sections that have images hardcoded by clients
- Not supported for PMV12 (PMT-3766)
- Not supported for SAML
- Supporting this option can generate additional support requests due to the nature of older technology
- As people today can most often be connected to the internet readily, this older version of Offline Forms may not meet the needs of current users.
- The administrator can enable or disable Offline Forms per template via Admin Tools => Form Template Administration => Form Templates =. open the form => deselect ""Disable Download Button"
- If you do not see these options available in your instance please open a case with Customer Success to enable Offline forms for your instance. In Provisioning => Company Settings => Enable "Offline Form"
- Please download the attachment for step-by-step instructions on working with documents offline
To work on a downloaded (offline) document, you will need Microsoft Word.
Conditions and Limitations
1. A form may only be downloaded for offline use when it resides in your PerformanceManager Inbox.
2. Competencies and Objectives may not be modified or added to an offline document. The offline feature is designed for entering evaluation comments, ratings, and weights (when appropriate) only. Note: A pm form can have two types of goal weights. 1. Goal weight from the actual goal plan (this cannot be edited offline) 2. Goal weight as a PM element only (this can be edited offline)
3. Forms with CDP elements will not have full offline capabilities.
4. Forms with embedded compensation fields will not have full offline capabilities.
5. Legal Scan, Spell Check, and Writing/Coaching Assistant will not be available when you are working with an offline document.
6. The offline document is a copy of the online version from which it was downloaded. You will need to upload the offline document to replace the online version prior to routing the document within the PerformanceManager system. If not, the changes made to the offline document will not be reflected in the online version of the document.
Note: Once the online document is routed from a user's PerformanceManager Inbox (e.g. via a Send action), you will no longer be allowed to replace the online version of the document with the offline version.
KBA , sf performance manage live forms , LOD-SF-PM , Performance Management , How To