- Performance Management
- Comment fields within forms are limited to 4000 characters/bytes of text. For double-byte languages like Chinese, Japanese etc, since each character can take 2 or 3 bytes this reduces it to around 1300 characters. They actual string length therefore where it may cut off could vary between each comment.
- Comment fields will dynamically expand as the user enters text that exceeds the standard height of a comment field. Each comment field includes a handle on the bottom right that allows users to grab and expand the field size
- Form Comment Fields: 4000 characters is roughly equivalent to one or 2 web pages or word document pages of about 650 words including spaces. The 4000 limit is per field, and not per form, so if you have a need to allow more than 4000 characters/bytes of text, then consider adding some custom fields to capture this information. Please keep in mind, that a comment box is intended to be that, an option to capture brief comments, as opposed to larger documents, feedback, or information, so the 4000 character/byte limit is considered very generous for its designed purpose.
- Route Comment Field: When you route a form, you may have enabled the Route comment field. This comment field has an even smaller limit of 2048 characters for single-byte characters like English or about 700 for languages such as Chinese & Japanese that do not use single-byte characters.
- In addition to these natural field limits, it is also possible to configure certain goal fields with a maxlength attribute, also min-value and max-value, so that you can reduce how much text is entered into the field. Also we can add validation on forms for required fields that checks for how much text is in the field when moving from 1 step to the next and preventing the form from moving if it exceeds the desired length.
- Please open a case with support to discuss your specific needs as these variables are not possible for every field. Support will be able to help determine what is possible for the fields in your goal plans and forms.
PMv12A: Comment fields can now contain more than 4000 characters and can be configured via XML. You can configure it beyond 4000 characters, however adhoc reporting will only recognize the first 4000 characters of that field being reported on.
KBA , sf performance manage live forms , LOD-SF-PM-FF , Form Features, RTE, Spell Check, Legal Scan, Print , LOD-SF-PM-FRM , Forms & Templates , How To