An error message appears when trying to add a tax number type for country Japan in Business Partner Data under Tax Data.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Partner Data work center.
- Go to Accounts view.
- Select your Account ID 12345.
- Select Edit -> Financial Data.
- Go to Tax Data. Select Add Row.
- Add Country as Japan. Now select Tax Number Type. No data is shown under Tax Number Type.
- Error Messages appear: Enter tax number type; Enter tax number.
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to Common Tasks.
- Select New Invoice Without Purchase Order.
- Enter all the mandatory invoice data.
- A warning message appears when posting the invoice: Company 1 not registered in country Japan, define Taxnumber as Type 2.
For Japan, there does not exist a special tax number type, which is used for reporting or calculation.
Since there is no tax number provided for Japan, you cannot maintain it. Therefore the warning message appears when posting a supplier invoice informing you about the missing tax information but the posting can still be processed.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To