- This document outlines how to prevent a duplicate form from being created, either by an individual using Create New Form, or by an administrator using Launch Forms, using the form template option Only create for users who don't have an existing form with an End Date between X Date and X Date
- Users are creating duplicate forms from the "Create New Form" link from the home page because the form doesn't appear in their inbox. The form was created and is enroute, but the user creates a duplicate in error.
- Performance Management
If the user has the permission to create a form, you can prevent the user from creating a duplicate form by modifying the form template settings as follows:
- Click on "Admin Tools"
- Click on "Form Templates"
- Click on the Form Name
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Check "Only create for users who don't have an existing form with an End Date: between M/DD/YYYY and MMDD/YYYY" (Be sure to enter enddates)
- Click "Update Form Template"
Preventing duplicate forms from being created via Launch Forms:
- Navigate to Admin Center > Launch Forms
- Select the template
- In Step 3, Select "Only create for users who don't have an existing form with an End Date between X Date and X Date."
- Populate the End Date with an End Date range where forms may already exist. (The End Date is set in Form Template Settings-> Form Name-> Default Dates for Form Creation)
Generally all users should have forms created with the same END date. For example when forms are mass created they would all have a set END date. This end date may also be set on your form template. So, if for example, the end date is 12/1/2008 you would set it as: "Only create for users who don't have an existing form with an End Date between 11/31/2008 and 12/2/2008." Simply expand this range as required if your forms have varying end dates.
KBA , sf performance launching forms , LOD-SF-PM , Performance Management , How To