- SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management
- You have the option using message keys (msgkeys) to export your existing Form Label Translation file so that edits can be made and re-imported.
- Note: This enhancement pertains to customers using multi-lingual, or “localized” form templates.
Go to Admin Tools, Company Settings, Manage Form Label Translations > Click Export Form Label Translations.
You may choose to export all of your labels, or just for a specific form template.
Once your edits are complete, the process of importing your CSV file is unchanged. Click Import Form Label Translation File to proceed.
- Always keep a backup of your original export before making any changes.
- Always confirm data in your backup file looks correct (does not have any invalid or corrupted data) before re-importing any file.
- When exporting the form label translation file from the system it is recommended to save the file in .CSV format and not open directly in Excel. Depending on the languages you have, Excel could corrupt the characters.
- It is recommended to open the .CSV file in other application, such as Open Office. Open Office allows you to define the character set prior to opening the file.
- It is recommended to select Unicode (UTF-8) as the character set when opening the file. After making your changes, remember to save the file as a .CSV format
- Delete all rows you are not making changes to but Do not delete the header row.
- Said another way, if you have 100 rows of data in the export, but only need to update 1 row, then your update file would contain just 2 rows (the header row and your 1 row to update).
- When importing the file back into the system, it is recommended to select Unicode (UTF-8) as the file encoding to preserve the characters in the various languages.
- Note - Will get an error if any fields are blank so you will need to delete any languages that you are not using.
Updating Live Forms
Message Keys. You cannot update label translations for live forms. The form localization attribute msgKey is not supported via dynamic forms.
Form Label Translation Manage Language , KBA , sf performance data management , sf performance manage templates , LOD-SF-PM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , Problem