- Performance Management
As Seen in the Performance Module
The Blue Information Icon displays in a users inbox in the Action Column when enabled. The administrator can control who has access to this icon. It is also available to people with Detailed Reporting Rights from the Detailed Document Search Report.
Tip: Hover over the icon to display the Document ID for any form.
Clicking on the icon takes you to the Audit Trail and Routing Map information. You also see basic information about the form such as:
Originator: Admin Thomas Admin
Subject: Admin Thomas Admin
Title: 2012 Performance Form
Due Date: 09/22/2012
Status: Modify Stage
Document Id: 6238
The page also shows the Approval Chain. The checklist illustrates the approval chain for this document. The current owner of the process in the approval chain is highlighted.
- The Routing Map section will show you the following information for this form: Step Type, Stage, Employee, Step, Status
- The Audit Trail section will show you the following information: Currently With, Employee, Action, Comments, Status, Act By. Some of the Steps may display as links, whereas some may not. Links allow you to drill into the form to see the form information for that step. You cannot drill into steps that you do not have permission to, so not all steps may be clickable.
Entries in the audit trail are only created when a form moves from one step to the next, for example from step 1 to step 2. Audit trail entries are not created if the step is Iterative and Collaborative and the people involved are only passing the form back and forth between themselves. This is NOT moving a form to the next step so will not create an audit trail snapshot.
Some steps may be clickable which means you can open up the form to see what the information was historically at that step. These are each snapshots in time of what the form contained when being moved from that step. Not all steps may be clickable for you. that is controlled by the forms role permissions, so oyu will only be able to click and open steps in the history if you had permission to view that information for that step. this ensures no one can ever see information that they were not permissioned to see.
- Routing Comments: By default many email templates include the comments entered by the sender when being sent to the next step. These same comments are also stored by default in the audit history for the form. Note: if you wish to disable the saving of senders comments to the audit trial, see the solution "Do not store sender's comment on workflow action." In admin tools > Company System and Logo Settings > "Do not store sender's comment on workflow action". If this is enabled any comments would not stored in the audit history.
Controlling Who Sees The Information Icon
Go to Admin Tools > System Properties > Company System and Logo Settings.
The two options that control visibility of this icon in the in-boxes are:
- Everyone can access the revision history of the document.
- Allows users to access the revision history of each document for which they were on the approval chain. When you select this option, your users can go to the Documents Information page and view a read-only snapshot of the document as it was in each stage of the workflow.
- Manager can access the revision history of the document.
- When you select this option, the manager can go to the Documents Information page and view a read-only snapshot of the document as it was in each stage of the workflow.
- Disable Per Template: You can disable the icon from each template. Go to Admin Tools and open the template advanced settings > check the option "Disable Info Button. This takes effect immediately.
Suppressing User Comments in the Audit Trail
- If for privacy reasons you do not wish user's comments stored and displayed in the Audit Trail you can turn that off.
- (The comments were attached to the email notifications sent when documents were routed through the workflow.)
- Admin Tools > Company System and Logo Settings > Enable or Disable “Do not store sender's comment on workflow action” as needed.
Viewing Skipped Steps
- To display skipped steps in the info screen enable from Admin Tools >
- Form Template Settings > Display Skipped Steps in Left Hand Side of Information Page More info found here
How to check the audit trail of a form without proxy rights?
- When a BA admin does not have proxy rights, how can he/she check the audit trail of a form?
- This can be achieved using the “Detailed Document Search” Report. The 'i' Icon is then available to display the audit trail.
Audit Framework & Other Audit Abilities
The following knowledge article discusses other reporting capabilities: Performance Management: Admin - Audit Functionality
1. Which user accessed the page.
2. Which user was viewed on the page (whose data was being shown).
3. When did the access occur.
4. Template changes
KBA , sf audit report , LOD-SF-PM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , How To
|Form Route Map History.rdf.txt|