While adding an Additional Resource in the Production model system throws an error Additional resource ID missing; enter additional resource ID.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Planning and Production Master Data work center.
- Go to the Production Model view.
- In the field Show, select All Production Models by Selection Selection from drop down list and search for the required Production Models using Find option.
- Edit it and navigate to the BoO Structure tab.
- Sub Tab Additional Resources.
- Choose Button Add Row.
Here you see that system throws an error Additional resource ID missing; enter additional resource ID.
You have marked the checkbox Main Production Resource for the Resource you are entering in the Production Model. The system considers this resource as Main Production Resource and cannot be used as Additional Resource for any produce activity in the relevant Bill of Operations.
In order to use required Resource ID (XYZ) as an Additional Resource for the Produce Activity, please follow the below steps:
- Go to the Supply Chain and Design Master Data work center.
- Go to the Resources view.
- In the field Show, select All Resources By Selection from drop down list and search Resource ID using Find option.
- Select and Edit it.
- In General tab, under section: Resource Use.
- Here de-select the checkbox for option: Main Production Resource.
- Then perform Save.
Note: Resource ID set as Main Production Resource can not be used as an Additional Resource
KBA , AP-PMM , Production Model Management , How To